Dawn: OOH! I like the sound of that.
Andrew: This began life as a late night snack.
1 slice of bread
1 slice of black pudding
1 chestnut mushroom, cut into 6 slices
- Use a cooking ring to shape a circle out of your bread.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan. Fry the black pudding for about 6 minutes turning half way through.
- Meanwhile fry the bread on both sides.
- As you turn the black pudding, place the cooking ring in the pan, crack the egg and pour in carefully. Fry until the white is cooked through.
- Fry the mushrooms in the same pan.
- To assemble the dish, place the fried bread on the plate, top with the black pudding, then the 4 slices from the middle of the mushroom with the stalks facing inwards, then the egg and the mushroom ends.
- Serve with a big dollop of tomato ketchup.
Dawn: Delicious any time of day!
Andrew: Could be breakfast in the morning!