Allow 60-80g of dried rice per person (dependent upon hunger)
A pinch of salt
- Put the dried rice in a sieve and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, put cold water and a pinch of salt. Put the saucepan on a medium heat and bring the water to the boil.
- Put the rinsed rice in the boiling water, stir the rice and boil for 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat of the hob and simmer the rice for 11-14 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- When cooked, the rice will appear swollen in grain size and fluffy. Pour the boiled rice into the sieve and rinse with hot, boiled water.
- With a fork, fluff-up the rice and serve.
Andrew: Mmm…what to serve with it?