Allow 150-200g potatoes per person (about 2 potatoes the palm size of a medium sized hand)
1 tsp sunflower oil per potato portion
1/2 tsp paprika per potato portion (optional)
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6, 200°C electric.
- Clean or peel all the potatoes and then cut into quarters, lengthways. If rather chunky, cut each quarter in half again, lengthways again.
- Place the uncooked potato wedges on a non-stick baking sheet or a baking tray covered with either a silicon sheet or greaseproof paper.
- Allowing 1 tsp per potato portion, lightly brush the individual wedges with oil and dust with paprika.
- Place in the centre of the hot oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
Dawn: And there we have an easy accompanying side dish to a whole range of main meals.
Andrew: Yes, potatoes are so versatile.