4 large sized eating apples
4 tsps honey
40g currants or sultanas
Dawn: Mmm..served with fresh cream…whipped…
Andrew: Or ready-made custard…or even decadent homemade custard!
Dawn: Or ice cream…dribbled over the apple so it’s running down the sides…
Andrew: Licks lips!
- Wash and de-core each apple.
Dawn: De-coring is simple – just take a sharp knife (a paring knife works well here but any sharp knife will do) and ‘draw’ a circle around the top of the apple with the knife. Now slowly work the knife down the apple, running the blade along the circle until the blade reaches the other side of the apple.
- Scoop out the seeds and fill the space that’s now become visible with currants or sultanas. Spoon in the honey, into each currant-filled inner.
- Pop on a non-stick baking tray and place in a pre-heated oven at gas mark 4, 180°C electric.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the apple’s skin is soft-looking and it is oozing it’s juices.
- Serve warm with a topping of your choice.
Dawn: And that, folks, is all!
Andrew: Can’t wait for the next pud moment, Dawn!
Dawn: Everything in moderation, Andrew. We can all enjoy good food on a budget and not add inches to our waistlines. And that, Mr C is a #FACT!