Eggs, eggs, glorious eggs! Adding to Love Food’s “How to Make” range, a quick and easy dish to satisfy even the most hungry belly!
Pinch of salt
Splash of vinegar
Dawn: Depending upon how hungry you are, add another egg. So without further a-do, I’ll crack on…I know: the pun was intended!!!
- Place a non-stick medium size frying pan on a medium heat hob and half fill it with boiling hot water.
- Allow the water to bubble, adding a pinch of salt and a splash of vinegar. Stir with a wooden spoon.
Dawn: Adding a splash of vinegar adds to the taste and is optional. I’m told the vinegar not only adds to the taste but also helps the egg keep it’s shape.
- Crack the egg open into a small cup or ladle and gently ease the egg into the boiling water.
- With a slatted fish slice, gently coax the boiling water over the egg.
- Cook until the egg is lightly set with the white having lost it’s transparency and having become opaque in look, and the yolk has taken on a glistening look.
Dawn: This doesn’t take very long to cook and really depends upon how well you like your eggs done.
Liked this simple recipe? Find more simple and easy to follow recipes at Love Food UK’s “How to Make” range. Want to be kept in the know with banter on Twitter? The ‘place’ for up-to-the-minute info? Then please feel free to follow @Love_Food_UK and this blog at www.forfoodlovers.wordpress.com. You’ll also find Love Food UK over on Mumsnet Bloggers Network, as well as Foodies100 and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/lovefood.forfoodlovers.
See you over on social media, fellow foodies!