Yes, fellow foodies – you did read the title correctly! Low fat – LOW FAT – banana ice cream! Get set for this oh-so-very-easy-recipe that will set your taste buds alight and will incredulously impress you with it’s simplicity.
Serves 4-6 portions
6 bananas, peeled and sliced
250ml very low fat natural yoghurt
1tbsp natural honey
- On a large baking sheet, place a piece of greaseproof paper large enough to cover it.
- Next, place the slices of bananas individually on the greaseproof paper and when the baking sheet it covered in the spherical ‘discs’, place it in the freezer. Allow the banana slices to freeze.
- When the slices are fully frozen, remove them from the freezer and transport them to the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the very low fat natural yoghurt and honey, and blitz the ingredients until combined.
- Next, scoop the ice cream into a freezer-proof container for storing afterwards.
- Ahead of placing this in the freezer, serve scoops of this soft ice cream with a few raspberries to decorate and a drizzle of raspberry coulis.
Dawn: This is something I dreamed up when thinking about low fat ice cream variations – a term, in itself, that sounds contradictory yet isn’t! This recipe really is so ultra simple to make and tastes lovely, too. A summertime divine treat!
Andrew: Our Ice Cream Off is scooping a lot of ice cream fans’ attention!
Dawn: Let the competition continue!
For more simple-to-make and easy-to-follow recipes, follow this blog to receive updates when they happen – straight to your ‘inbox’ – www.forfoodlovers.wordpress.com and the Twitter feed @Love_Food_UK.