We all need a decent breakfast, but if you are in a busy profession, such as teaching, you don’t always have the time to prepare one. So please take advantage of those weekends and holidays to recharge those batteries.
Dawn: Breakfasts need not be complicated, and these simple egg based ideas, like others we have featured this week can really set you up for the day ahead in terms of zapping hunger, maintaining a good metabolism and performing well.
Andrew: Eggs are high in nutritional value, and are an affordable way to feed a family or an individual. Scale up the ingredients to feed the numbers you have to fill up!
1-2 eggs (depending on hunger)
Salt and pepper to season
Oil or butter for frying
- Split and toast your muffin to the colour you prefer. Butter and set aside.
- To prepare the scrambled egg, use our recipe https://forfoodlovers.wordpress.com/2014/01/12/how-to-make-scrambled-eggs/
- Heap onto the muffin, either separately or to make a muffin sandwich, and serve with lashings of brown or tomato sauce.
- For this version simply follow the instructions for cooking a round fried egg on this recipe https://forfoodlovers.wordpress.com/2014/02/08/classy-fry-up/
- In fact, you could use the other ingredients, such as the black pudding or the mushroom here too.
Dawn: Very pleasant, very filing and surprisingly easy!
Andrew: And something else surprising Dawn. This is our 100th recipe. A hundred before lunch!
Andrew: It is a cricketing term! It is a good thing!
Dawn: I’ll take your word for it.
For more wonderful recipe ideas and food tips, keep following us at https://forfoodlovers.wordpress.com on our Twitter account @Love_Food_UK and you can now find us on the Mumsnet blogger network, and on Facebook too.