Dawn: “Today, fellow foodies, I bring you a ‘funny’ post…funny, because it sure made me giggle this morning! Yes, I know…it’s the simple things in Life!!!
So without further a-do, here it is…offered up by yours and my all-time-favourite contributor to this here little old food blog….drum roll, please….red carpet…cameras’ flashes…
…I give you no other than my esteemed fellow foodie, chef supreme and all-round-good egg (no pun intended…well…perhaps a smidge of one)…the great, the glorious, the taste buds-alight recipe wizard himself…Andrew!”
Andrew enters to deafening applause…and takes a bow…and another…and one more…
Dawn: “Enough! Cut!” As I make a cutting action with my hand.
Andrew: “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Dahlings…I’m overwhelmed!!!” As he takes another bow.
Dawn: “I sure can feel a ‘Morecombe and Wise’ moment coming on here, Andrew!”
Andrew: “Shucks…sussed again!” as Andrew winks with mirth spread all across his face.
Dawn: “OK, ‘Star Contributor’, pray what do you bring us today?”
Andrew: “A little something I threw together this very morning, oh esteemed foodie. Do you want me to start?”
Dawn: “Yes, please!”
Andrew: “Then I’ll begin”.
- Recline on a comfortable location, from which servant can be directed.
- Direct servant to put kettle on.
Dawn obliges again.
- Remind servant to fill kettle with water.
- Direct servant to place teabag in mug or teapot.
- Servant must pour freshly boiled water onto teabag.
Andrew pours freshly boiled water onto teabag.
- Allow servant to rest.
Andrew rests for 60 seconds…no more…no less.
- Order servant to check tea has diffused sufficiently.
- If this is the case order the removal of the teabag. If not, feel free to cast a withering look.
Dawn checks diffusion of teabag…casts withering look at Andrew who robustly never grimaces.
- Direct servant to add milk to mug.
- If milk is added to teapot, roll eyes.
On cue, Dawn rolls eyes.
- Servant must bring tea to reclining mistress.
- Serve with dark chocolate digestive.
Andrew serves tea and delicious dark chocolate digestive.
Dawn: “Yes, you can get “the staff” if you try!” and winks, laughing a hearty, mischievous laugh.
For the perfect cuppa, you’ll just need a good person with a heart of gold, a great sense of humour, a fan to cool the reclining said person with, plus one tea bag and lashings of hot water.
Dawn: “And no! We’re not endorsing any tea producing company!”
Andrew: “It just so happens to be the only pic to hand to post!”
For more recipes from the Cooking Dynamo follow @Love_Food_UK on Twitter and follow this blog www.forfoodlovers.wordpress.com. You’ll also find her on Mumsnet Bloggers Network and Foodies100…oh, and did I mention Facebook at www.facebook.com/lovefood.forfoodlovers? See you there for more fab recipes and food chat!